HB Services, LLC Home Improvement Blog
Welcome to the HB Services, LLC home improvement blog. Find great tips here on all of your home improvement projects!
Paint Trends in 2017
2017: A Year in Paint
While it’s true that many neutral colors are timeless, there are still trends you can follow if you want to have the most up-to-date and beautiful home. We’ve categorized our favorite new shades of 2017 into two groups: bold and composed.
In the bold category, we’re seeing rich colors that aim to make a statement. For 2017, they’ll be softer while still packing a design punch. If you’re looking to add some serious contrast without going overboard, try:
- Dusky blue. This ocean-esque choice pairs great with white accents and washed wood accessories. An example is Endless Sea by Sherwin-Williams.
- Blue-green. Mint was popular in 2016, and its darker cousin is getting attention now. Look for Jade Dragon by Behr and pair it with dark grays or copper.
- Sunshine yellow. The boldest and brightest on our list, this color can cheer up any home. Fiesta Yellow by Benjamin Moore could be the sunlight you’re looking for.
Composed colors are more neutral, but still rich enough to completely transform your home. These shades pair with a wide variety of design styles, so you can add them to almost any room:
- Mineral gray. Grays are hot, and have been for years. Richer, darker colors give great contrast and pair well with softer shades. Shades On by Behr is a prime example of this color.
- Light blue-green. Teal and aqua pair well with both black and white accessories, making them a great choice for your home. Bora Bora Shore from Sherwin-Williams tickles our fancy.
- Taupe. With a hint of warmth, taupe can transform the feeling and look of any room. We love Poised Taupe from Sherwin-Williams, which is also their color of the year.