HB Services, LLC Home Improvement Blog
Welcome to the HB Services, LLC home improvement blog. Find great tips here on all of your home improvement projects!
March: In Like a Lion and Out Like a Lion!
You may have heard the saying about the month of March: "In like a lion and out like a lamb". Well, this month is shaping up to be more like, "In like a lion, and out like a lion"! The winter weather has been hanging on longer than usual, creating more wear and tear on our homes' exteriors.
A Month of Fun and Changes
March is a month of many fun events and transformations. March Madness will keep most of us watching college basketball! March is also a time to celebrate being Irish - either because you are, or just because you want to be! So it's the month of GREEN! Time to wear it, and time to eat and drink it and time to get back into your lawns and gardens. As the weather breaks and you finally venture outdoors for the first spring cookout, take a look around at the exterior condition of your home. Check your patio, deck, windows, downspouts, siding, roofing and gutters for any signs of wear or damage. Now is the time to get everything ready for full-blown summer entertaining.
Spring Exterior Home Improvements Checklist
- Are your gutters full of leaves or are the gutters loose? Are the downspouts draining properly? RainPro Gutter Systems ensure a custom fit, maximum strength, and maximum water flow - in a wide range of colors.
- Is there exposed wood on the trim around your windows? Are you dreading scraping, priming and painting your wood trim? Detailed wood trim capping will free you of the constant worries of the cost of wood trim maintenance.
- Is it time to replace old windows? Heating and cooling costs will be reduced when you replace your old, drafty windows with highly efficient energy star rated Vinylmax Glendale Collection windows.
- Are there any lost or damaged shingles on your roof? Are you experiencing any problems with water leakage in your home from the roof? It's time for some top-notch roof repair and replacement. Old shingles must be removed before installing the new roof, using only high quality materials.
- Is your deck in need of a makeover? Good news! There are new, cost effective deck repair and replacement solutions that add value to your home and do not require painting, sealing or staining.
- Is it time to replace the siding on your home? LP SmartSide siding and foam backed vinyl siding are the perfect options with many advantages. Improvements in materials, processes and testing over the years give you freedom from maintenance.
- Is your front porch or screened in porch in need of some attention? Have you always wanted a porch and would love to have one built? A Class-A general contractor with many years of professional experience and customer satisfaction is your best choice for repairing or installing a porch, patio or home addition.
- Was your entry door drafty in the winter? A new, energy efficient door will save you money and improve the value of your home. Provia® doors are superior in quality and are backed by a lifetime limited transferable warranty.
Have a great beginning to spring! We look forward to helping you freshen up your homes. The Lion WILL turn into the LAMB!