HB Services, LLC Home Improvement Blog
Welcome to the HB Services, LLC home improvement blog. Find great tips here on all of your home improvement projects!
Home Improvement Projects Provide a Great Return on Investment
What are the best home improvement remodeling projects?
These key product lines: entry doors, replacement windows, vinyl insulated siding were named as the best remodeling projects for maximum return on investment in the 2014 Cost vs. Value Report released by Hanley Woods REMODELING magazine. The report compares construction costs with resale value for 35 of the most popular home improvement projects, with analysis performed in 101 U.S. markets. For the second consecutive year, the Cost vs. Value data show that the value of remodeling is up for all 35 projects included in the survey.
Percentages shown reflect how much of the total project cost is retained in resale value (Cost-Value ratio).
- The #1 performer out of the 35 categories is Entry Door Replacement (Steel), at 96.6% Cost-Value. ProVia's Legacy Steel entry doors are a consistent top sales performer for the company.
- Entry Door Replacement (Steel) also tops the list of High-ROI projects where the Cost-Value exceeds 100% in 38 cities
- Window Replacement (Vinyl) delivers 78.7% Cost-Value.
- Siding Replacement (Foam-backed Vinyl) delivers 78.1% Cost-Value.
- Entry Door Replacement (Fiberglass) delivers 70.8% Cost-Value, up 4.9% from 2013.
Visit the Cost vs. Value website at http://www.costvsvalue.com to download side-by-side national, regional, and city data tables.